11/17/2013

DBS iBANKING Alert!!!

I received this email this morning which I suspect is FAKE. The email did not speak English. DBS may want to look at it immediately or explain why it is not speaking English.


DBS BANK SINGAPORE
To
Nov 16 at 6:01 PM

Dear valued customer,

DBS INTERNET BANKING SECURITY UPDATE.

Since March 2013, we introduced a new security system. This new system ensures that there can be no abuse on your DBS iBANKING. To ensure that your account is protected by our new security system, we recommend that you click on the link below and enter your information on check. Once you have done this, your account will be updated with the new security software.

CLICK HERE NOW

CAUTION: After filling out the information requested, you will be contacted/called by one of our staff to be able to complete the software installation.

DBS, The Safest Bank in Asia, your safety and protection is obliged. Thank you for your time and
cooperation.

Sincerely yours
Customer service department.
DBS, Asia’s Safest, Asia’s Best
Safest Bank in Asia 2009-2013, Global Finance
Bank of the year Asia 2012, The Banker
Best Managed Bank in Asia Pacific 2013,
The Asian Banker.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excuse me.
What is a bank?
I am a Singaporean, born 10 years ago in the era of the 3rd Singapore Emperor.
Is it something to do with money in my pocket?
What is money?
I don't have any.
My parents say some 2 legged pigs took away all our money.

The said...

Redbean - I see you have been on a phishing trip. Caught a big one yet?

Anonymous said...

emails so hi-tech now; can even READ????

knnccb ... poor me, still using my decades old notebook

Ⓜatilah $ingapura⚠️ said...

Yep. Looks like a phising scam to me.

You should not only alert DBS, but also make a police report.

Anonymous said...

You know it is fake. No need to suspect.

Sad thing is, some people will fall for it!