11/21/2007

The obnoxious Singaporeans!

A few days back there was a letter in Today written by a FT complaining about the rude and unfriendly behaviour of Singaporeans towards foreigners. One example which he pointed out was how Singaporeans distanced themselves from foreigners in the MRT. Many Singaporeans deliberately kept a distance from foreigners. And this makes the foreigners feel unwelcomed. Singaporeans should change their attitude towards foreigners and show some kindness and friendliness towards them. And they can start by not walking away from foreigners or move off from a seat when a foreigner sits next to them. It is very rude to just walk away. I was in the train yesterday. After a day in the office, I was so happy to find a seat. Before I could settle down on the seat a foreigner came to sit next to me. And before his back touched the seat, I scrambled off to a far distance. What, I had done the rudest thing to a foreigner! I wanted to rest my legs and the seat badly. But I had to give it up and stood for the whole journey. My alternative was to bear with the offensive and repulsive body odour which hit me even before he sat down. I could not bear it for the whole journey. Actually Singaporeans are very kind. A rude Singaporeans could have scolded the foreigner for not washing and bad personal hygiene. And yes, I would still keep my distance from foreigners, or locals, if the body odour is foul.

2 comments:

The Oriental Express said...

God has blessed me with an acute sense of smell, quite akin to a dog! Am always the first to smell the gas leaking, people farting, odour oozing in the bus, etc.

Luckily God also gives me the ability to hold my breath for quite a while, and I find I am quite good at breathing in through the mouth like a fish! :-)

Come, whatever smell or odour. I can tahan.....

Anonymous said...

right there are some shameless people who enjoys disgusting things like farting into everyone's space...