1/13/2008

Replenishing the dying stock of good genes

This may not have been spoken as an official policy statement, but this is what I think could be the key reason. As our stock of good genes are dying away quickly, and we are unable to find the same quality of equally good genes, despite paying so much, it is necessary to import from abroad. In a generation or two, we will have all the great genes we need, from sweepers, cleaners, bus drivers to doctors and researchers. Then we can claim to the world that we have the best sweepers, cleaners etc or best workers of the world. And this could be the reason to pay them world class salaries as well. At the rate it is going, the workers, or those at the bottom 20% could be getting $3k-$5k pm or a household income of $10k. And they will be considered the lower income group. The average Singaporeans, with world class genes, will be getting $20k-$30k pm. This will be the future for a city of excellence in the future. Dunno what will be the cost of living then.

5 comments:

Abao said...

I thought that is called rampant inflation?

Ⓜatilah $ingapura⚠️ said...

Fear not redbean. I shall come to the rescue of Singapore. I will go to the Sperm Bank and for 2 weeks make daily deposits.

In that way the stocks of "good genes" will be given a hefty boost. Any woman who wants the perfect child may use my sperm to impregnate herself.

Of course there's the old-fashioned way... but I doubt my life-partner would approve ;-)

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

haha, inflation of good stocks are good.

matilah, haven't you sowed all your genes in bangkok? still got left? contaminated or not?

Ⓜatilah $ingapura⚠️ said...

My genes are as pure as the driven snow.

I spend a lifetime sowing wild oats. And yes stocks of ammo are very healthy indeed.

I can make a bukkake movie look amateurish! :-)

Anonymous said...

Sydney, here I cum, I mean come!

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23077288-2,00.html

'Career women' empty nation's sperm banks

CAREER women in Sydney are creating a nationwide sperm shortage as they race to have a family before turning 40.

With demand for sperm growing rapidly - particularly from single Sydney women - clinics are importing vials from the US on a monthly basis.