10/14/2009

Cannot buy drinks for me

You guys, especially Wally, please don't buy drinks or chicken rice for me. The latest I heard is that bloggers who received gifts or whatever in kind or money, must declare or else...hmmm. And if any of you buy me drinks and I say good things about you without declaring that I have been bought by you or I am now beholden to you, then I will be in trouble. Actually not like this lah. The MDA, I heard in the kopitiam only, is pondering to introduce controls on bloggers who received payments or goodies from merchants and then wrote glowing reports about them to promote their products or services. It is like kind of advertisement ya. I wonder those analysts writing about stocks were also in such category and must declare as well. What if I write good reports about cameras and the cameras are really good, the truth, can or not? Can they pay me to tell the truth because I really believe the cameras are good?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's why i love your candid 'let's go Dutch'.

This Society is full of suspicions and blames.

It's a sick and sad society!

Patriot

Ⓜatilah $ingapura⚠️ said...

My Response on singabloodypore

Ⓜatilah $ingapura⚠️ said...

http://www.vodo.net/usnow

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

ok matilah, i read that. soon they will want to inspect our diaries to see what we write and whether we got paid for writing good stuff in them.

Anonymous said...

Why don't MDA or CPIB start with the Ministers and Top Senior Civil Servants? Order them to declare anything that might have deemed "beholden".

For example, when President Obama comes to Singapore next month, and when he visits Istana, nobody should offer him any drink (and lunch or dinner on the sideline). Otherwise, this can also be construed as "beholden" or "corrupt", right?

Another example: PAP MPs making use of members of grassroot organisations without having to pay for their supports and services. Don't such actions amount to MPs being beholden to the grassroot people? Thereby having to give them preferential treatments in terms of getting HDB flats, parking perks, etc.?

There are numerous other examples that I am sure many of you guys can single them out for yourselves.

Anonymous said...

I wonder whether they will also do that to those buskers on the streets?

Yeah, this society is sick to the core.

MDA = mentally disturbed authority.

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

i think all celebrities and models should declare upfront during the advertisements that they are paid to talk good about the goods or services. declaring to the authorities is not enough.

the public must be made clear that these people are paid to say good things which often the products and services may not be that good.