8/16/2011

mysingaporenews a heavyweight blog

Many bloggers have complained that the speed of this blog is getting too slow. Often it gets stuck or frozen and causing a lot of frustration to users. My apologies. The service provider of this blog is Bloggers and if it is a system fault only Blogger can answer for it.

My feeling is that this blog is becoming a heavyweight, getting too heavy, and unable to move quickly. Now, is this a good sign or a bad sign. Some say good, only heavyweight blog will encounter such problems. Lightweight blogs will be speeding along quite happily with lower traffic, like a free flowing expressway.

I think Firefox is still crusing quite well. Some have suggested Explorer Chrome. I hope it is not due to the generosity of some parties who happily shared introduced some bugs or cookies into the blog. I have removed some pages and links to make it lighter.

For the time being, let's pretend that it is a heavyweight blog and getting too much unwelcome attention: )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mr Chua,
Thanks for your response - to me or collectively to some others who may have highlighted this slowness to you. Whatever the case, let's hope you solve it fast, with the EP season coming up. It is still quite s..l..0..w..l..y rolling along leh.
Cheers.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

The funny thing is when other people feel the crawl, my connection is like a bullet train. But when other people speed along like a bullet train, I encounter turtle speed.

The internet also works in mysterious ways!

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

Hi Debbie, Blogger has responded that the problem could be in my contributors list. I have to delete it and hope it will be ok now.

My apologies to all my contributors for deleting the list.

Abao said...

Hi RedBean, never had trouble reading your blog since day 1 till now.

Those affected could help themselves also by subscribing to your rss or load the rss into google reader.

And of course, there's Chrome and Firefox :)

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

Thanks Abao. It affects some but not all. Everyone in my office is affected. Singapore Daily also dropped me a note on the problem.

I hope it is ok now. Cheers.