10/12/2006

lim teck ghee, resigned for academic integrity

Lim Teck Ghee, director of the Centre for Public Policy Studies(ASLI) and a former United Nations' adviser has resigned from. He rather stands on his academic truth than to remain in a position to produce political truths. His report on the bumiputras controlling 45% of publicly listed equities has incurred the wrath of the bumiputras who pronounced that it is inaccurate and irresponsible. And the future Prime Minister of Malaysia, Khairy, had said that damage has been done. In other words Lim Tech Ghee is history. The sin of Lim Teck Ghee is to write an academic report from an academic's point of view and according to academic discipline. What he has forgotten is to ask the masters what kind of results they want. But then again, knowing his integrity to his profession he would rather not do it if that is the case. Now we know the wonders statistics can do. The results can be fined tuned to what the masters want them to be. Just juggle the inputs and you can statistically prove anything you want. I salute Lim Teck Ghee for his professionalism and righteousness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can salute me as well...

For standing straight in and out of PAP.

OK. It's up to you. Hehehe...

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

hahaha elfred,

read your latest adventure with the moe. you should start writing a book about how to fail in everything you do. it will be quite inspirational.

go and watch the tv and see the advert on this. it goes something like everyone thinks that you do not have a chance...or everyone thinks that you cannot make it...

Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha...

Quite true. Actually I won't get into MOE if this Permanent Secretary never change, I guess.

But then, probably last min someone last min found me in oredi and put me on counselling session...

Then probably PM Lee knows I am teaching, and "chase me" out. Hehehehe... Then I got an alternative story that it might be the school itself, but the school just plotted it.

After much thought, I still assume PMO has a part in this sick adventure: Allowing it to happen.

Ah... sudden thots... if Mr Ong is alive... he'd probably do something and right things once he learns of it.

But by this issue, if it is indeed the school up to no good, then it shows PM doesn't know how to use chance win elements over.

Reddie... no mood to see Singaporean TV. Now I watch Jap drama for comfort... Seriously, quite angry cos from how I see it... totally 混蛋-thing.

And these are teachers somemore...

Just my tough luck lah...

Maybe this PM cannot be trusted... shouldn't have updated him... He might even have thrown the case to some dubious people...

Hahahahaha...

But I am not bad a teacher. I am passionate, Reddie, at MPS and to this class of complain-queens.