11/04/2012

The Art of RAR





The most compelling story of a new photopainting technique developed by a Singaporean is waiting to get some notice from the local art scene and the critics. I am still promoting this new art form/technique locally and if I fail to get any support or notice, then I would have to go out of this little island to seek the attention of the world. While our local critics and reporters are busily covering the works of foreign talents, incidentally my work was first featured by a Malaysian lifestyle magazine, the Essenze, a couple of months ago.

The most remarkable feature of this technique is that I could create many pieces of artwork, on paper or canvas, just by pointing my camera to a pond of the water. With proper set up, I could create many never seen before paintings and concepts that no human artiste could think of.

My work is a collaboration with Mother Nature with the latter doing the conceptualisation and the main features of a painting and I doing the finishing touches. These unique and revolutionary paintings are now on show at NUSS Guild House at Kent Ridge till 21 Dec 12. More than 30 pieces of my work are being exhibited and all are welcome.

Admission is Free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your chin up Chin Leng. Look at it philosophically. It's not unusual for an artist or writer to spend years developing their craft, editing and reediting their work, agonizing over the smallest word and detail, often to be ignored and rejected.

But that's always a sure sign that you may have stumbled on something that's really new.

Darkness 2012

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

Thanks for the encouragement Darkness.

This is definitely something new and revolutionary. Imagine creating all the paintings I want by pointing the camera in a pond of water!

Everyone coming out from this technique is out of this world, inhuman or not the concepts growing out of a human artiste.

Yes it will take a bit of time to gain recognition.