Survey results on the future of Sin
A sociologist conducted a survey on a group of Sinkies on their views of the future of Sin. This was done through questionnaires and interviews with the participants. Below are some of the findings.
1. They would like to see a population of 20 million for growth and prosperity.
2. They wanted their HDB flats to fetch $3m and landed properties $100m each.
3. They didn’t mind paying $200k for a COE.
4. They were looking forward to having $1m in their minimum sums account in the CPF.
5. They thought congestion is a sign of prosperity.
6. They believed the future would be very good for the young of today.
7. They believed that only through population growth could there be economic growth.
The sociologist concluded that given the participants’ character traits, the findings were reasonable, understandable and expected. It was not easy to remove the madness in the participants that were from a mental hospital. Their vision of what was good was peculiar to their own insanity and hardened beliefs. The survey simply confirmed that madness could be a serious sickness as the participants did not know of their conditions. So what they perceived as good was as good only with respect to their mental condition and conditioned views of things using their own coloured lenses.
And they sincerely believed that their views were the only right views. And there was no other alternatives available, as, in their madness, they thought they were the best and no one could thus come up with a better solution. Of course this survey is simply fictitious. But it is good to know how mentally deranged people perceived things and their one track thinking process. Don’t expect them to think out of the box.