4/09/2011

Can Chok Tong deliver?

The apparent difference in the political thinking of Chok Tong and the other leaders in the PAP is shining through the crevices. This is not a right or wrong thing but a difference in the vision or what one would like things to be. This is what political leaders should do, aspirations for the country and the people. What they want the country to be and what they deem is good for the people. No need super talents to have such visions. Just get the super talents to do the work to achieve the dreams and goals. In other words, political leaders can be dreamers, but more importantly, the heart in the right place. And the super talents can be the doers to get to the right place. It is good if the super talents have good visions and hearts in the right place as well. It will be bad, very bad, if the super talents have wrong visions and hearts in the wrong place. So, Hsien Loong said cannot have two parties, not enough political talents. Chok Tong said enough talents. Can Chok Tong prove to the people that there are enough talents by leading another party to contest the election? I am sure no one can fault the quality and character of members of either party. The people will then have the privilege of being served by two known elements, all tested and proven. It must be good for Singapore and Singaporeans. Can Chok Tong deliver on this?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can Chok Tong deliver?

I don't quite think so, from someone basing his decisions more from the feelings in his bones and his mouth, than from his head.

More good years? Swiss standard of living? Delivered or not depends on the question - for who?

And then his foray into Hougang and Potong Pasir that resulted in total failure to deliver the two constituencies back to the PAP during the last election, despite promising carrots galore. You see, Hougang and Potong Pasir voters, basically, do not trust him to deliver.

His days are numbered. And the signs are there that his diametrically divisive thinking should not lead to the split within the party, most importantly before the old man leaves. Otherwise, he will rise from the grave.

Ⓜatilah $ingapura⚠️ said...

I don't think it is a matter of ability 'to deliver'. That's not how people get voted IN. Their performance only counts during re-election, but first they must get IN.

A lot of stupid Singaporeans in large groups will vote for Goh Chok Tong – a useless piece of shit and complete embarrassment to the nation The duped masses think this anal nematode is 'cool guy', 'laid-back'...etc – all 'attractive' human qualities for sure. This is where the myth of 'the heart is in the right place' comes from.

It's all an act. It 's all FAKE.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when Matilah Singapura uses vulgar and dehumanizing words on certain people, it's so apt and fit that person like a T.
Man You're sometimes just wonderful and of course at other times, cute.

Ⓜatilah $ingapura⚠️ said...

anon 511

Hey there anon 511 -- I just speak my mind. My mind can be 'wrong'-- and no one is forced to accept or even listen to what I say.

When I express my opinion, I'll use whatever words are necessary because words are all we have on this forum.

Cheers

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

No need to be so apologetic lah. Everyone knows that you are wrong all the time: )

And don't be so harsh on my SM. He is still a force to be reckoned with. He may lead Singapore into the next century, for better or for worst, till death do us part.

Ⓜatilah $ingapura⚠️ said...

I don't apologise for shit.

As to being wrong, I am man enough to admit that I'm not flawless -- but at least I have been more 'right' (at times) where it counts most: my own life -- especially matters relating to personal freedom and the 'pursuit of happiness'..

Do Ihave regrets? Sure. Do I go beyond reasonable'inward reflection' and brood over them instead -- getting stuck in long periods of useless navel-gazing? No way.

Part of the reason is beyond my control: I have a naturally 'itchy backside' which compels me to do something -- to the point where sometime 'better judgement' is out-competeted by wanton desire :-).

Hey, you get that.

Anyway being 'right' is a process.

You make a choice using your perceptions as a guide, add some intellect, add some emotion, and make a choice in an existence of uncertainty.
Then you get the 'results' which will indicate whether you won this round or lost your shit-stained underwear in the 'game'.

Now if there are any women reading this and I have perked your interest, I'll have you gals know I am a stallion in the sack, and I gurantee you 'jelly legs' come morning.

I also like cute animals.

Date, anyone?