10/06/2010

Behind the veil of civility

Everything on the surface looks fine and nice. All the pleasantries and heaps of praises poured in. Everyone has something good to say, so refined and well mannered, so cool and measured. Everyone is so sweet. Why am I seeing things? Behind the veils of niceties and civility I am seeing the face of a beast. I can’t really figure it out, could be a tiger, a wolf, a hyena or a crocodile, but a beast alright. The great pretence is first class, betterer than anything MediaCorp can produce. It even beats the best make up artistes of Hollywood. The battle will soon be fought. The daggers are hidden for the time being. Occasionally a little blinding reflection flashes across the scenery when a knife is unsheathed prematurely, only to be quickly put away. Brutus, where are ye? Brutus, my good friend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This piece sounds so hypothetical, yet so real. I can't put a finger to it, but it sure is related to something that just happened or still happening.

Hahahaha

Ⓜatilah $ingapura⚠️ said...

What the fuck are you talking about?

Anonymous said...

I think redbean is thinking of Goh Chok Tong in particular.

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

Now that is a very dangerous allegation to make. I definitely did not say that. To me everyone is an angel, until proven otherwise. You just don't know.

No one shall be guilty until proven.