Energy prices to be down by 20%

I heard this over the news last night that energy prices will fall by 20% over the next 5 years because of greater competition and LNG. I went really, uh, am I dreaming or is it a joke? Would anyone of you believe that this can really come true? We have heard so many great speeches that privatisation and competition will improve efficiency and bring down cost. I have yet to see one instance that it really happens and the consumers were paying less for improved services and products. All we know is that they were craps. I for one will not believe that energy prices will come down by even 1%. But time will tell. Just hope that everyone reading this will remember it and start counting to see if it is a truth or another tooth in the next 5 years to come.


Kaffein said...

April's Fool Day.... caught you didn't I? Hahaha...

Er, wait. It's Nov. It's an honest mistake. Let's move on.



Anonymous said...

It will happen, but not in Singapore. This is just another of those make you feel good only news. Just remember to put in a pinch of salt.