11/06/2008

Energy prices to be down by 20%

I heard this over the news last night that energy prices will fall by 20% over the next 5 years because of greater competition and LNG. I went really, uh, am I dreaming or is it a joke? Would anyone of you believe that this can really come true? We have heard so many great speeches that privatisation and competition will improve efficiency and bring down cost. I have yet to see one instance that it really happens and the consumers were paying less for improved services and products. All we know is that they were craps. I for one will not believe that energy prices will come down by even 1%. But time will tell. Just hope that everyone reading this will remember it and start counting to see if it is a truth or another tooth in the next 5 years to come.

2 comments:

Kaffein said...

April's Fool Day.... caught you didn't I? Hahaha...

Er, wait. It's Nov. It's an honest mistake. Let's move on.

:P

Kaffein

Anonymous said...

It will happen, but not in Singapore. This is just another of those make you feel good only news. Just remember to put in a pinch of salt.