Several years ago, actually more than a decade ago, I bought a Hi-Fi set from a reputable Japanese electronic brand. Few months later the internal fuse blew and needed servicing. Luckily it was still under guarantee. Two years later, the speaker cone turned to shreds, just like that. The tape recorder could not run the tape evenly and produced music like someone pulling the rubbish bin across the floor. I just threw the whole set away.
Why do they still think Chinese made products are junks? Are Chinese-made iPhones really also junks? What about branded handbags and watches made in China for the big global brands to stick a label on and straight away become good high-class and high-value handbags marked up few hundred percent in price? Stupidity has really no cure.
Anonymous
2 comments:
For more than a decade I have been using Lenovo AIO desktops (now using a faster set) with little problem. Before that I had been using several brands - desktops from HP (twice), Compaq, Acer, a Toshiba laptop and Fujitsu laptops (twice) that had all kinds of problems.
Never trust advertising is what I want to say.
China is turning the chip-making industry on its head. For most of chip's lifespan existence, the mantra had always been about shrinking chips to hold more transistors to hold sway over the whole industry. Who makes the smallest chip is supposed to win everything. What China is now achieving is going to change mindsets in time to come.
This is almost similar to the days of the Hi-Fi era, where Japanese brands were churning out 1500 watts PMOP (peak music power output) monsters. Every Hi-Fi maker was trying to out-watt everyone else by selling Hi-Fi sets based on this hype. They actually mean nothing, just producing louder noise. Most people were sold on this mantra that never lasted.
Having said that, the chip industry is also going to face the same outcome.
Post a Comment