12/29/2014

Can PAP change? That’s seems to be the hope of some in the Silver Brigade

I was reading this article in TRE, ‘Can PAP change without being pushed to the edge?’ written by a Silver Brigade, a self confessed PAP supporter for 60 years. Having lived with disappointments after disappointments, he is still cherishing the hope of a PAP changing from it present belief system to the old PAP that was for the people, a PAP that won the hearts and minds of the Silver Brigade when they were young. What the article did not say is that the PAP has changed, no longer the party they would want to support. But no PAP leaders or believers would think otherwise and believe that they are still for the people and working for the good of the people. They said so. There is no need to pass a verdict on whose thinking is the truth. If anyone still cannot see the truth and unwilling to face the truth, he deserves to live the fate he so believed.

I would not touch on the PAP version of the truth, that they are a party for the people. Assuming they are right, let them believe so. Let those who believe so to keep on believing. Let me pick up from the view of this Silver Brigade veteran called Hawking Eye. Many in the social media shared his view that the PAP is no longer the same PAP they knew. The question therefore is whether this hope of a PAP returning to its old self, of being a party for the people and serving the people, is realistic.

Since 2011, has the PAP changed? During the electioneering, some thought that with Hsien Loong crying and pleading to be given a chance to right the wrongs, there was hope that things would change for the better. What happened? What has changed? I am not going to provide any answers as everyone will have his or her own answer to that. For those who believe in God, they may say God is kind and is giving the PAP a lot of chances to change.

Did the loss of Aljunied GRC make the PAP change? Did the loss of Hougang and the by election change the PAP? Not sure? A forced event in Punggol East to test the PAP, was the most unexpected, but another clear signal to see if the PAP was going to change? It led to a super talent biting the dust by an unknown and ordinary Singaporean. Would this wake the PAP up to change? One more chance, the Presidential Election and the dismal 34% must be a very clear indication that change is a must.

What do you think? Did the PAP change? Did the Little India Riot change anything on the foreign influx and immigration? Is there any change on the PWP? Is there any change on the CPF? Is there any change on the hiring of local PMEs versus foreigners? Did the Job Banks and FCF mean anything or make any difference? Are there real changes to the high cost of living, property prices, medical fees etc etc?

Got change or no change, you tell me lah? What is the AHPETC episode saying about the PAP? Is there any real hope of change or is it wishful thinking? Have the people waited long enough, hoping against all hopes? Should the people still be hoping for the PAP to change or they should give up hope?

For those who have seen positive changes, good. For those who are still not seeing any change and everything is just the same, then what? Where to go from here? Still hoping like Hawking Eye, for another 60 years for change, or hoping for God to give more warning signs that change is needed?

Should the people still be asking can the PAP change at this stage of the game? How many more years would the people want to continue asking this question? I know the Silver Brigade have not much time left and their places would be replaced by new members coming of age to join the Brigade. I know that people who are born daft would be daft forever. Those conditioned to be daft, when shown the way, should wake up and stop being daft. Or would they choose to remain daft as that is an easier and more comfortable way to live. Let things be, let’s live on hope. I think buying lottery tickets is another avenue for the hopefuls.

The asking of the question, can PAP change, is a giveaway answer.


Kopi Level - Red

48 comments:

Anonymous said...

PAP have never and will never change. They have been pilfering from our CPF for the last 40 years! For this thievery alone they should be prosecuted and sent packing.

Anonymous said...

Actually this is what most ppl hope. In this country ppl vote opp not because they want opp in power. They vote opp to send a message to PAP to buck up.

Anonymous said...

The very talk abt voting opp as a check on PAP also shows that ppl hope that PAP will remain and change. You only place a check on something that is still there but you want to change. In other countries the opp contest for governance of the country. Here they contest to be checkers. That in itself is a silent acknowledgement that PAP is going to remain and that checking them is to hope they will change.

Anonymous said...


Who cares whether pap can change or not.

What is important is the current SINGAPORE must CHANGE!

Slow down! Slow down! Slow down!

Take stock! Take stock! Take stock!

Just look around you. Everyone is so very very busy.

This is life?

Make Singapore a happy and caring society, please.

Cheers................









Raymond said...

The PAP will continue to do what's good for the country. You can't rule a country by populism. There will always be more "rats" than "lions" in this world. :) :)

Anonymous said...

Most of us wish for stability but at the same time would like PAP to change. We would like PAP to change course to tthat of PAP in the 70s and 80s. Caring, focus and bold. Not the current bullshits from their MPs,and Grassroots.

patriot said...

Well said Sir/Mafam.

Me concurs fully.

patriot

Anonymous said...

Can the PAP change?

That's asking the wrong question.

The right question should be:

Can the Sinkie opposition change to become ready to be govt?

Only then will PAP change.

Anonymous said...


What Singaporeans really need:

GOOD HEARTS, not just the TOP BRAINS!

GOOD HEARTS, not just the TOP BRAINS!

Cheers.

patriot said...

IT IS THE SILVER BRIGADE THAT HAS TO CHANGE.

As an oldie myself, me got to witness First Hand how the SILVER BRIGADE HAS HELPED TO MAKE THE PAP REGIME THAT IT IS TODAY.

ANY SURPRISED IF I SAY THAT REDBEAN HIMSELF IS ONE OF THE 'HOPER' FOR THE WANTED CHANGE? I SHALL SAY THAT HE IS STILL HOPING IN MY READING, THOUGH HE KNOWS IT WILL NOT HAPPPEN. This is my personal take.

Anyway, 路不转,人转, meaning that if others cannot be changed, change Yourself or your methods.

Hoping for the Leopards to change their spots is as good as wasting all your time for nothing.

patriot

Matilah_Singapura said...

Please lah everyone. Take 10 deep breaths and clear your mind of the emotions that cloud your judgement.

The PAP are damn fucking adept at winning elections--they've had lots of practice--and have many tools at their disposal, for e.g.: manipulation of the masses.

The Sheeple will ALWAYS GET the government they deserve, because the Sheeple are 100% in control in HOW and WHY they make their choices at the ballot. However, they can be INFLUENCED on how they will make their choices, and still maintain 100% control for their actions.

So whether you agree or like it, there is NO ESCAPE--the Sheep People are collectively responsible for the govt and eventually the cuntree which emerges from their collective action.

So I would say that in politics--specifically local Singapore politics--that change is REFLEXIVE-- as proposed by Karl Popper, and later expounded on by George Soros (who makes gazillions of dollars applying his theory of reflexivity).

'Reflexivity' is bi-directional--the cause causes an effect which affects the original cause--i.e. cause and effect affect each other. The system is generally non-linear and dynamic.

Anonymous said...

No need to say others, just one Aung Juan Soon Chee, and even just he alone, being voted into Parliament will change PAP.

If u don't believe, then u have not understood why he is Sinkieland's Aung San Suu Kyi. Anyway Aung San Suu Kyi already won in Myanmar.

So will Aung Juan Soon Chee's turn come soon? If not, bye bye to him and bye bye to PAP can change lah.

Anonymous said...


whether silver or not silver, at
the coming election, the result is
likely to be.......

PAP 68% vs 32% OPPS

what say U?

Anonymous said...

PAP 68% vs 32% OPPS
Anon 10:49 am

I would say quite possible.

Why?

Because in worse times for daft, suffering Sinkies and under a worse PAP in 2011, PAP could still get 60% votes!

Now the PAP, although still not good lah, is at least better than the PAP of 2011. And also more new Sinkies now than in 2011. And as usual, Sinkie opposition is not ready to be govt.

So PAP get 68%? Why not, u tell me lah?

Anonymous said...

If I am a loyal PAP supporter. And I want to see PAP survive and be relevant over the long term.
I would vote Opposition in GE 2016 to slap the Leedership awake.

Anonymous said...

In GE 2011, even Mabok Tan (HDB pigeonhole prices shot sky high during his time) and Wong Can't Sing (Terrorist Mas Selamat escaped during his time) could win in 2011. And even presidential material Hainan Ah Ko could lose to PAP Vivian (remember the fella who overspent by hundreds of millions for Youth Olympics?).

So PAP win again, if not better than 2011, no problem.

What do u think?

Anonymous said...

The issue is not "Can PAP change?"
The only relevant issue is what is good for Singaporeans.

I believe it is good for Singaporeans to have a SECOND political party that is capable of forming a government.

PAP has already proven to us that they cannot be counted upon to be the sole source of "talent", "vision" and "compassion".
PAP's track record especially over the last 10 years makes a very strong case that Singaporeans need a capable second political party.

How to create a strong second political party.
Just do it. Keep voting Opposition until we get a non-PAP party into government.

Anonymous said...

Actually if opp cannot make significant inroads by 2016 it will be very hard.

One of the current major points to complain abt the PAP is the carrot dangling, high handed, "fixing" tactics.

Post 2016 LHL should have stepped down and LKY might no longer be around. The dilemna on these hard line tactics would be past. I see the next generation of tharman, heng and chuan jin et al being a lot more flexible than some of their predecessors. The people might see then a PAP that can in fact be different. The high salaries will remain and there will still be screw ups for sure but by then if opp wannabes do not prove they are a unified alternative, they might not do so for another 10-15 years

Matilah_Singapura said...

@1114:

I find it amusing that people who've grown up in a single-party system--a political 'monopoly' (which works!...damn well!)--think that unseating the solidly entrenched incumbent is a simple matter like playing a game of 'kuti-kuti' or 'o pay som' (aka 'rock paper scissors' for you real and fake ang moh's out there).

@wishful thinking 1114:

>> 1. Post 2016 LHL should have stepped down and LKY might no longer be around.

Please lah, LKY is well aware of is mortality, and I would say he's done what he can do to "groom" for the future. WIll he succeed? That's anyone's guess. But you can rest assured that any future leader--regardless of political persuasion--will be studying the man, reading his books, and boning up on the dynamics of Singapore politics--the history, the culture etc.

>> 2. The dilemna on these hard line tactics would be past. I see the next generation of tharman, heng and chuan jin et al being a lot more flexible than some of their predecessors.

The govt has already "relaxed" and is more "flexible" in many areas. As the culture (and technology) changes, so does the style of governance. However winning POLITICAL BATTLES--that hasn't changed because man and his human nature are social beings with a propensity to form tribes and affiliations which jockey for power and command over limited resources.

>> 3. The people might see then a PAP that can in fact be different.

That would be a chimera, an illusion. The people get the government they deserve, which is a collective reflection, and APPROVAL of their culture.

The politicians who UNDERSTAND implicitly and explicitly the culture and collective nature of the people are most likely to be successful in elections and hence their careers.

People respond to INCENTIVES. The politician/ entrepreneur who accepts this and uses this facet of human nature to their benefit will ALWAYS WIN in a majority-choice competition.

Tip for the day: You can't fight human nature, but you can accept and understand it, and then use it to your benefit by crafting mechanisms which "motivate" and "influence" people to support you. These sets of skills are based on science, but the delivery is definitely an ART of the highest order.

If you don't posses 'multiple intelligences' chances are you will not succeed as a politician.

Anonymous said...

@December 29, 2014 11:14 am
"I see the next generation of tharman, heng and chuan jin et al being a lot more flexible than some of their predecessors. The people might see then a PAP that can in fact be different."

Ha. Ha.
We all already know the PAP play book.
When LKY "retired" and Goh Chok Tong and his new team took over.
We all thought PAP can change.
Then GCT "retired" and LKY's son took over.
And Singaporeans have been in deep shit for the last 10 years.

So what if LHL "retires" after 2016 to become "Senior/Mentor" Minister?
And Tharman and the new team takes over.
After 2 terms, Tharman and the new team will be "replaced" by LHL's son.
And the same history repeats itself.
Like father, like son.

Bottomline
------------
Vote PAP if you like LKY's family to always be involved in Singapore politics for multiple generations.
You know what they stand for; "The Hard Truths".

Vote opposition if you think Singaporeans can achieve so much more without the constant threats and fear mongering from LKY and his descendents who seem to have outlived their useful place in Singapore's development and history.

Matilah_Singapura said...

@ spot-on 1229:

>> Vote PAP if you like LKY's family to always be involved in Singapore politics for multiple generations.
You know what they stand for; "The Hard Truths".


EXACTLY. And that is why The Sheeple will vote PAP: Brand Loyalty -- they know what to expect.

Anonymous said...

Fair enough. Whatever you think you want to do if you are an opp supporter, do it by 2016. It's still the best chance. And it might be the best chance for 10-15years after that.

By the way, a party is first strong, then it gets voted in to form the government. That's the only way its going to happen. You don't vote strength into a party, you vote for a party that is strong.

Better a strong second party than half a dozen groups of checkers and balancers.

No use to keep ranting online telling Singaporeans "if you want this/that, vote this/that". Tell it to the opps out there. If they do it right, the votes will come. No doubt about it. If they don't, then 60-40 in favour of PAP is likely to be still the next result.

Anonymous said...


.................................
..............but the result will still likely to be:

PAP 68% vs 32% OPPS

Anonymous said...

Tell it to the opps out there. If they do it right, the votes will come.
Anon 12:49 pm

Hahahahahahaha.

As if smart Teochew Ah Hia and Hainan Ah Ko don't know how to do it right. In fact I also know, but just cannot do.

And why is Teochew Ah Hia, despite Ah Ko's olive branch, still does not want to meet up with Ah Ko? So simple thing and yet cannot do? Why, u tell me lah?

Anonymous said...

An idiot who bought a Mercedes expects it to run and behave like a Mercedes forever.

Yes, the Mercedes would behave like a Mercedes and would not act like a Toyota. And yes, it will grow old and become a junk even if you take good care of it.

And what can you expect when you don't take good care of it or the driver/owner is another idiot?

Matilah_Singapura said...

@ I no understand human nature, 1249:

I find your lack of undrstanding of human nature...fascinating. But since you come over as quite a decent chap, I'll share some "opinions". (BTW, I manipulate people for a living, and I'm damn good at it)

>> By the way, a party is first strong, then it gets voted in to form the government.

Err, no. The cognitive bias you're expressing is the "narrative bias" and/or the "availability heuristic" -- i.e. you're telling a story (explanation of the reasons of political success) from your own narrative, in this case: "I am logical, I make decisions based on logic, therefore everyone else also makes decisions based on logic." Thus the 'strong' party will win.

Let's say for argument's sake, you are correct: i.e. the strong party WILL win. What is 'strong' as perceived and evaluated in the minds of 2 million + people? How will you know? Can you test that assumption? How reliable is your testing?

I refer you to the work of Daniel Kahneman and Amos Tversky: Judgement under uncertainty: heuristics and biases and Thinking Fast And Slow They back up their findings with data, lots of experiments, repeated over and over until the matter of doubt is reduced as much as possible. The goal in science is to BUST existing theories, which is why science needs lots of experiments. Experiments in human cognition and behaviour are on-going. So far, Kahneman and Tversky's theories are rock solid.

>> That's the only way its going to happen.

See the above reference. And also what über-skeptic Nassim Taleb says about Kahneman, in particular.

Anonymous said...

@ December 29, 2014 12:49 pm
/// By the way, a party is first strong, then it gets voted in to form the government. ////

A political party and a country is strong when it can survive a good times with a bad leader (USA's George Bush Jr) and a major crisis with an unknown but good leader.

When the global financial crisis hit in 2008, do you see Americans kpkb for John F. Kennedy's son or grandson to run for President?
The Americans voted in an unknown and untested Barrack Obama to be President.
And the country and the civil service rallied around the lawfully elected President.

This is how a first world country overflowing with talented leaders rise to the occasion.

Vote PAP if you believe only LKY and his family have the sole monopoly on wisdom and talent in Singapore.
Vote Opposition if you want to create opportunities for Singaporeans to showcase their talent on a level playing field without fear or favour.

The General Elections is not about PAP or LKY.
The General Elections is about creating a great country that belongs to all Singaporeans.
And this first step starts with a vote for the Opposition.

Anonymous said...

@1:09pm

I got a lot of such questions also. Why your Hainan Ah Ko want to form his own party? Why cannot stay under Aung Juan Soon Chee, or volunteer with Teochew Ah Hia? In fact, why they all can't join under one banner to contest against PAP?

This is not because of GRC system, or redrawing lines, or fixing opponents. This is they ownself sabo themselves, year after year. Why? I also don't know.

@Matilah.

LoL. Its fine, I don't feel manipulated by you. In fact, I think you are one of the more realistic and pragmatic of the lot here, albeit in your twisted manner.

What I define as strong may not be logic and rationality. For example UKIP in the UK. All they have is xenophobic statements, yet they can get seats, am I right?

A strong party is one that has control of whatever situation that can get themselves elected, period.

PAP in 1959 had the unions on their side. Subsequently, they had the whole machinery and civil service on their side. That's one strength.

Heck, even NSP in 2011, by having Nicole Seah, its a form of strength and leverage they used, especially with Tin Pei Ling on the other side.

Strength can be in numbers. A single party that can contest half the seats, that's strength too.

WP, NSP, etc, got some strength. But tell me what strength do the likes of Kenneth s/o JBJ, Desmond Lim, Benjamin Pwee, PKMS have now? Whether it is a logical, or illogical reason, do they even have an illogical reason that they might win? The people's displeasure? That's what all the opp parties have now, but there is a difference in what is a long shot vs what is more likely, no?

Matilah_Singapura said...

@ I cannot accept reality, so I'll invent some shit 121:

>> The General Elections is not about PAP or LKY.
The General Elections is about creating a great country that belongs to all Singaporeans.


Fucking Horse-Shit Nonsense lah. The winner of the next GE will win for the EXACT SAME REASONS and BIOLOGICAL and PHYSICAL PROCESSES that have won and lost election in the past, and continue to be valid as long as human nature remains the same.

Take it back, if you will to the level of neural networks/ neural nets in the individual human brains. There are nets which cause you to instantly like or dislike something.

Perform the following experiment on yourself:

Think "Ferrari" -- what comes to mind immediately? Try again: "Char Kway Teow with plenty lapchong and egg" -- what happened in your mind? Try again : "Name of ex-girlfriend/ boyfriend/ spouse" -- guaranteed there'll be a VISCERAL emotional reaction :-)

The point I'm trying to make is that what you think about certain "abstracts" or "real things" is not a choice. It happens SO FAST you're not even aware of it.

The winner of the GE is going to be the individual or party which succeeds in crafting the requisite majority of neural nets in the voters brains.

The way I see it, unless the oppositions succeed in this quest, the incumbent is most likely to win.

Tip For the Day: Human beings are NEITHER 'logical' nor 'objective' When you think you are acting or thinking 'logically', 'rationally' or 'objectively', you are NOT--you are only THINKING that you are!



Anonymous said...

And yes, Obama was untested. But his party is not. The democrats are an old, tried and tested party from which leaders like Clinton also came from. The system in America is an effective 2 party system.

Anon 1:21, your arguments are like so many out there, painting a perfect picture and then saying it all starts by not voting for PAP. You harp on the Lee family whereas in reality Lee senior has one foot in the grave, and the PM as I mentioned is likely nearing the end of his tenure. You look for things that are not there, eg. Grandson Lee taking over, and you expect that to be a rational point that can sway people's opinion?

Maybe you are right. But if it is that simple as you say, PAP would have been voted out 2 elections ago. You can persist with the same simplicity, the same slogan, repeat it non stop online everyday. There are many like you nowadays in fact. I don't know how far it will get you though.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of developing more non-Lee affiliated talents in Singapore. So my vote goes to the Opposition.

Anonymous said...

You really are entitled to whoever you want to vote for, whoever you like your talents to be affiliated to. But being assertive on your views in this blog is not going to influence anyone.

We are discussing here on if and how PAP/non-PAP can influence that bit more of votes to hold sway come voting day.

As Matilah said, whoever creates the requisite perception, or as he puts it, neural nets, in the required number of voters minds will get the majority.

In my posts, I perhaps used the wrong word, strength, but I am trying to make a related point as well, that irrational or rational, whoever seizes on a reason that will infuence most people will get the majority.

Thats the problem with online PAP haters and why they cannot help the opposition win votes. They can only bitch, complain, and rant. To win, you need to get into the minds of the other voters. Why did they keep voting PAP? What can I do to sway their opinion over to my side. Instead, what haters do is "blame the 60%". How useful is that? Or refering to people as daft Sinkies. As even RB likes to do. How useful is that in winning votes?

Matilah_Singapura said...

@ 131:

>> LoL. Its fine, I don't feel manipulated by you.

Ha ha. I guarantee you that your "feelings" are very inaccurate when it comes to judging manipulation ;-) whether by me or anyone who knows what they're doing...Not trying to be a smart arse, I'm just saying...never be so cock-sure about anything ;-)

>> In fact, I think you are one of the more realistic and pragmatic of the lot here, albeit in your twisted manner.

Sure, I'll admit to "attention seeking" behaviour, after all, this is the internet :-)

UKIP example:

>> For example UKIP in the UK. All they have is xenophobic statements, yet they can get seats, am I right?

Really? Are they xenophobic? I don't think so. What I can say, with a degree of certainty is that they've succeeded in "sparking" the neural nets associated with "sense of home, security, ownership" etc. It's not so simple as reducing it down to just "xenophobia" alone. The explanation is more detailed, more granular, more nuanced.

I refer you to The Robbers Cave Experiment circa 1954 by Muzafer and Carolyn Sherif and others -- on how tribes form and the culture of in-group vs out-group emerges.

>> A strong party is one that has control of whatever situation that can get themselves elected, period.


Hmm, cock-sure about your unexamined and unchallenged presuppositions...be careful ;-)

Again, you're trying to reduce a complex, non-linear, highly chaotic and DYNAMIC system down to a few basic ideas...sorry, it goes a lot deeper than you can imagine, and then some.

>> Strength can be in numbers. A single party that can contest half the seats, that's strength too.


Again, your analysis is far too simple. The Cognitive Bias probably causing the way you're seeing this: The Anchoring Heuristic--cherry picking the information which immediately appears in your mind to bolster your immovable position.

This is what happens (numerous fMRI studies confirm this):

You have a position. If opinion, data, or some external/ internal stimulus accords with your pre-held beliefs, that "data" becomes available immediately (hence the Availability Heuristic) and you will--without you even being AWARE that you're doing it (System 1 -- FAST thinking), use it to buttress your argument. Your brain literally "lights up" and there is a RUSH of electrical and chemical activity.

However, if you come across data/ info which conflicts with your pre-held notions, your brain (the cognitive part-- prefrontal cortex) literally "shuts down".

This is why you cannot "talk someone out of their beliefs" or use "logic" to sway peoples' opinions or look for "a logical explanation" to explain human behaviour, cognition, motivation and decision making.

>> That's what all the opp parties have now, but there is a difference in what is a long shot vs what is more likely, no?

I cannot say what the opposition has or doesn't have. However I can say that when it comes to the REALITY of neural networks, most people---even if they say they HATE the PAP--are "wired" (neurologically) to support the govt they purport to loath.

This is COGNITIVE DISSONANCE--holding opposing ideas and feelings on particular issues. It is very much part of human nature.

Why would people continue to vote for an über-authoritarian regime? Serious cognitive dissonance.

I refer you to the famous Millgrim Experiment. Obedience to AUTHORITY is also a part of human nature. The more "authority" exhibited, the more support for authority is the likely outcome.

The PAP have "authority" in spades---no contest here lah. They definitely have the upper hand.






Matilah_Singapura said...

Addendum:

"Millgrim experiment"---wrong fucking spelling, sorry...cognitive failure...probably due to too much sex and booze!

It should be MILGRAM experiment.

Anonymous said...

"Or refering to people as daft Sinkies. As even RB likes to do. How useful is that in winning votes?"
December 29, 2014 1:54 pm

"Singaporeans are daft"
Correct me if I am wrong, but it was LKY who first made this remark
So how useful was that remark in winning more votes for PAP?

What's the best way to shatter the belief that only PAP is good for Singaporeans?
Paraphrasing LKY's original words with artistic licence:
"... a really a good dose of incompetent (PAP) government. You get that alternative and you'll never put Singapore together again. And this is why Singapore politics needs to build a 2nd wing for a more stable and balanced flight."

Anonymous said...

Anon 2:22.

Whatever LKY said, he somehow ensured that PAP always formed the majority. Most of the time, overwhelming majority.

So if it makes you look smart to paraphrase, to come up with witty lines of PAP bashing, do go ahead.

Perhaps it is not surprising that in wanting to criticize the PAP, many of you guys exhibit the same traits as the PAP. Consequences of being under their rule for too long maybe. The groupthink, the paraphrasing, whatever. Trouble is, they call the shots till now. What have you on the other hand, got for all your smart arguments and hate messages?

Anonymous said...

Maybe a straw poll here.

1) PAP wins 75% or more of the seats, maintains 60-65% of the vote share.

2) PAP scrapes a 2/3 majority, 55-60% of the vote share.

3) PAP loses 2/3 majority, 50-55% of vote share.

4) PAP loses the majority outright.

What do you folks think, for 2016?

Anonymous said...

Of course, PAP can change, but only for the worst, not for the better, because sinkies are born to be exploited by pappies as they are so stupid, gullible and daft. Old fart is laughing from the day he born till now at how daft can sinkies be, keep voting greedy and corrupted party into power.

Anonymous said...


anonymous 2.53pm pls note.......

your figures very the "deep" lah......

simply......PAP 68% vs 32% OPPS

cheers......

Anonymous said...

So how you arrive at 68%?

patriot said...

Fucking hell.

In a simple thread here and we have literally the Commenter fucking other commenters in words. This is no different from voters telling one another that they are cleverer in choosing the 'Right Candidate(s) and Party. The Alternative Parties Leaders are of the Same Stock, thinking that they are the 'Best' and therefore SHOULD BE THE CHIEF, there is no way they could be in any lower position. They got to set up a new party each time they do not rise to the Top, full of fucking ego.

On the Other Hand, there are so many fearful voters, who think they will face music from the Rulers if they vote for Others(Oppositions).
Those in business and in the Civil Service form the Bulk of those who do not want the Rulers to rock their own boats.

The Fucking Sheeples are the Ones that make the Rulers who they today and accept the Manipulation and Exoitation.

Me had being a great fan of Matilah Singapura simply because he had said in no unsure term that 'The Sheeple deserves the Government they chose, again and again. He understands Sinkies well.

Sinkies are adamant that PAP is the Best and they themselves are the Smartest. So, in way everyone is right with their own understanding and opinion, NO ONE IS WILLING TO ACCEPT ANOTHERS VIEW FOR CONSENSUS OR EVEN WILLING TO WORK TOGETHER FOR A COMMON GOOD.

patriot

Chua Chin Leng aka redbean said...

Never see Patriot getting so angry. I thought I was reading Matilah's post.

We seem to be thinking the same thing and I actually wrote something earlier in the same trend of thought. I will post it tomorrow and you can see the similarities. They say wise men think alike: )

Anonymous said...

"The Alternative Parties Leaders are of the Same Stock, thinking that they are the 'Best' and therefore SHOULD BE THE CHIEF, there is no way they could be in any lower position. They got to set up a new party each time they do not rise to the Top, full of fucking ego."

Exactly. I mean cmon, you know the PAP will fix them. If PAP do nothing, not even aminor fixing, they won't be the PAP. But what others do to fix them can never be more damaging than the self fixing they do to themselves with the above behaviour.

Keen to see what RB will write on the patriots post.

Anonymous said...

Change can only come if the people wanted a change by voting opposition. You cannot hope for the PAP to change itself.

Until then, I would say, the PAP, with the blessing of the 60%, will never have to change.

But, then my only fear is when the PAP really, unilaterally, decide to change - and I mean changing the election rules or adopting voting without ballot papers, ie electronically.

Then we are as good as the rats in Bukit Batok.

Matilah_Singapura said...

WAH LAU EH! Patriot is a man on fire today, in total frustration taht his fellow citizens are sleep walking!

I like it! Well done, patriot. If you have no passion for your cuntree, then you don't deserve your cuntree. One glaring OBVIOUS TRAIT about Lee Kuan Yew, is that the man--with all his faults--is DAMN FUCKING PASSIONATE ABOUT SINGAPORE.

The majority opinion here is an us vs them mentality: "opposition good, PAP bad". It seems no one gives a flying shit about the cuntree--only concerned with their narrow selfish personal gain: gimme a job, gimme my cpf, gimme free healthcare, gimme cheap HDB, gimme cheqap MRT, (kaninah, FREE RIDES early morning not enough ah?!?) gimme this gimme that and fuck the foreigners!!--The Entitlement Mentality is alive and livng very well, being nutured and incubated in the hearts and minds of Singaporean Sheep-People.

...but then there is the neurological aspect of why humans behave the way they do, and the many EASY WAYS they can be MANIPULATED (which is why democracy is seriously flawed -- i.e. democracy cannot be "better" than the humans practicing and engaging in said democratic processes) by those who are adept at the art of "human hacking" and "social engineering"...

...and sorry to say, because the truth hurts like a motherfucker-- the PAP is A-Number 1 in social engineering.

So redbean can write his stuff, and depending on my muse, I'll furnish my opinion from the point of view of cognitive and behaviourial neuroscience, and I will cite real studies whenever possible.

On the one hand I find GREAT AMUSEMENT in seeing you fuckers get manipulated by some of the best AMORAL PEOPLE in the world, and on the other hand I'm thinking: "maybe I should tell these blur-sotongs what's going on".

To me--I dun care who's governing Singapore. I'm a private sector greedy capitalist -- I'll be ok any which way. But it seems that perhaps it is time--for the Sheep People's sake--to change government? I don't know..it's too much data to crunch to come out with an answer, especially when I find politics, like religion, a reprehensible "emergent property" of human tribalist culture.

Anyway, I'm going to have fun...any which way. :-)

b said...

PAP changes all the time lah - from bad to worse landlord, from greedy to very greedy tax collector, from good pay to very sky high pay ministers etc. Whether singapore will change the ruling party is the key question. Whether sinkies will wake up is the other key question.

b said...

"- the PAP is A-Number 1 in social engineering."

- pap not number 1 lah, the reason is because many sinkies are daft. even youknowlah said so.

b said...


- think sinkies dare to do this?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/22/anti-austerity-protesters-throw-chips-mayonnaise-belgian-prime-minister