5/16/2013

Reposting of my articles at your own risk

Several blogs and websites have written to me for permission to repost my articles and I have generously consented to their requests. While the contents of my articles are often provocative in nature, they are never intent to be personal to attack anyone personally. I have tried to be very careful in what I write to prevent people from accusing me of any personal wrongdoings against them. Thus in general I intentionally avoid mentioning names or post photographs of people and only deal with issues and policies or a discussion on a subject matter.

Should I have offended anyone unintentionally, as  I mentioned in my disclaimer, I will willingly apologise and remove the offending post. Throughout my almost 10 years of writing this blog, my intention has been very clear and I have avoided offending anyone directly or intentionally. There was an instance though that an article I posted attracted some very strong comments. I received a legal letter to have the article removed, and I did duly. The matter was then dealt with between the offended party and the offender who made the nasty comments.

Since then most of the bloggers here have refrained themselves from personal attacks and any infringement have been minor. My blog is for discussion and for entertaining read, not to pick a fight with anyone or to defame anyone.

The tricky thing is that when my articles are reposted, some blogs or websites may add in things that are beyond my control, like changing the titles or adding pictures or photographs of people. These additions, alterations or changes could change the nature of my articles and may become offensive to some people.

I will like to remind those blogs or websites not to make these additions or changes that may lead to unnecessary complications and offending people directly. And if they do so, I will not want to be held responsible for their actions which could be totally different and contrary to the intent of my articles. I do not give permission to alter, add or make changes to my articles when reposted.

Thank you for your understanding.

Redbean

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Voices TODAYonline 17May

[Solidarity action can boost ties with Malaysians]

from Jolovan Wham


"In his commentary, 'Singapore cannot afford to import Malaysian politics' (May 15),
Dr Bilveer Singh insinuated that the event I organised, 'Singaporeans in solidarity with Malaysians',
was 'dangerous', would result in 'grave consequences', and threaten good neighbourly relations.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Since the event on Sunday, I have received messages of support from ordinary Malaysians who expressed appreciation
that there were Singaporeans who publicly supported their call for free and fair elections in their country.

The right to freedom of expression and assembly is in our Constitution
and in the UN’s Declaration of Human Rights.

Singaporeans and Malaysians were exercising their basic civil liberties when they attended the event on Sunday.

As Singaporeans, we have no right to interfere in how Malaysians shape the course of their history.

But standing in solidarity with them is different from interfering with their politics or imposing our ideas on them."


http://www.todayonline.com/voices/solidarity-action-can-boost-ties-msians

Anonymous said...

TODAYonline 17May

[Sylvia Lim challenges Khaw, Teo to report matter to CPIB]


"Khaw Boon Wan and Teo Ho Pin had 'decided to distract the public'
by casting aspersions on the WP’s management of its town council and its managing agent FM Solutions and Services (FMSS),
WP Chairman Sylvia Lim said yesterday.

'It is disappointing that the ministry, too, has been drawn into the fray.'"


http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/lim-challenges-khaw-teo-report-matter-cpib

Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Singapore

[Workers' Party hits back at PAP Town Council Teo Ho Pin's allegations]


"The press release even included a table charting the distinctions between the controversial AIM transaction and WP's appointment of FMSS, pictured below."


http://sg.news.yahoo.com/pap-town-council-chairman-teo-ho-pin-questions-wp’s-‘troubling’-relationship-with-fmss-101234397.html

Veritas said...

Hi RB

Nowadays, I received many threats and vulgarities in my blog.

Your attempt to be neutral is honorable. My focus is truth and I will antagonize many people

Anonymous said...

"Nowadays, I received many threats and vulgarities in my blog. "

those are just noise and You can choose to ignore them like the pappies. Welcome to the Dark Side, or errrrrhhh White Side.